As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, the AOA’s top priority remains supporting the needs of DOs and osteopathic medical students.
The AOA has assembled a resource page to help physicians and medical students navigate the global health crisis—whether you are caring for patients as a frontline health care professional or supporting in other ways.
AOA staff members update this page whenever new information becomes available. Here are some of the latest updates.
COVID-19 Clinical Challenge webinar series now available on-demand
The AOA is offering a series of on-demand webinars titled The COVID-19 Clinical Challenge: Core Principles & Practices for Osteopathic Physicians. Three webinars (with a fourth coming soon) are available on AOA Online Learning free of charge and have each been designated for 0.25 AOA Category 1-B CME credits.
These activities are jointly provided with Miller Medical Communications, LLC, and were recorded in late July, so the guidelines presented in each webinar are subject to change as new information is published.
- Module 1 – Facts and Risks
- COVID-19 is revealing itself to be a disease of remarkable complexity. Our knowledge of the virology and pathogenesis of SARS-CoV-2 and the clinical presentation of COVID-19 is growing rapidly. This activity summarizes the latest in the evolving science of this novel virus. Register for this course.
- Module 2 – Transmission and Immune Responses
- The science behind the modes of transmission of SARS-CoV-2 is constantly evolving. This activity summarizes the latest information on the role of respiratory droplets, respiratory aerosols, human-to-human contact, fomites and surfaces in the transmission of this virus. Register for this course.
- Module 3 – Treatment Protocols
- The treatment paradigms for COVID-19 are based on disease severity and are rapidly evolving as the results from clinical trials, pooled data, and recommendations become available. This activity summarizes the current treatment recommendations. Register for this course.
- Module 4 (coming soon)
On-demand webinar on COVID-19, cybercrime and HIPAA
The pandemic has created the perfect storm for cybercriminals in these “relaxed” times. This webinar, recorded on Sept. 10, explains how this happened and what you can do to protect yourself and your practice from COVID-19 scams. It has been approved for 1.5 AOA 2B credits. Watch on YouTube below. For CME, viewers must register on AOA Online Learning.