Staying organized during the hustle and bustle of residency application season can go a long way toward making the process of applying for residency and matching less stressful.
From September 2021 to roughly February 2022, students will apply to programs through ERAS and complete interviews. Don’t miss a deadline: The calendar below has all the important dates you need.
Match 2022 timeline for applying to residency
- June 9: The ERAS 2022 season begins at 9 a.m. ET.
- Sept. 1: Applicants can start applying to ACGME-accredited residency programs through ERAS at 9 a.m. ET.
- Sept. 15: Registration opens for the NRMP 2022 main residency match at 12 p.m. ET.
- Sept. 29: ACGME-accredited residency programs can begin reviewing applications and MSPEs at 9 a.m. ET.
- Oct. 1: Medical schools begin uploading rising seniors.
- Jan. 31: The standard registration deadline for the NRMP Match is at 11:59 p.m. ET. Applicants who register for The Match after this date will incur a $50 additional late fee. This is also the deadline for the following:
- Program creation of joint advanced/preliminary program tracks
- Program withdrawal and SOAP participation status
- Feb. 1: Rank order list entry opens at 12 p.m. ET. Medical schools start verification for student/graduate graduation credentials.
- March 2: Rank order list deadline. Applicants must have their rank order lists certified by 9 p.m. ET. This is also the deadline for the following:
- Applicant late registration and match withdrawal
- Medical school student/graduate credentials verification
- March 14: NRMP Match Week begins.
- Editor’s note: This article will be updated with a detailed Match Week and SOAP schedule after it is released by NRMP.
- March 18: NRMP Match Day!
- May 31: The ERAS 2022 season ends at 5 p.m. ET.