The AOA, in partnership with Miller Medical Communications, LLC, and with support from an educational grant from Merck & Co., Inc., is now offering an online learning activity on preventing HPV-caused cancer.
This free course covers HPV infection in patients of both sexes, the efficacy and safety of the HPV vaccine, the expanded indications and current guidelines for HPV vaccination, and strategies to increase HPV vaccination coverage.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants should be better able to:
- Describe the HPV-associated disease burden of male and female patients
- Describe the HPV-associated disease burden across the life course
- Interpret HPV vaccine efficacy data
- Interpret HPV vaccine safety data
- Use current guidelines to determine whether a patient is recommended to receive the HPV vaccine and know the number of doses and recommended schedules for different age groups
The American Osteopathic Association Bureau of OMED has designated this monograph for a maximum of 2.0 AOA Category 1-B credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
To register and take this course, visit AOA Online Learning.