The 2020 National Residency Matching Program match will be the first single main residency match for DO and MD students. From September 2019 to February 2020, students will apply to programs through ERAS and complete interviews. Don’t miss a deadline: The timeline and calendar below have all the important dates you need.
Sync the main residency match timeline to your Google calendar. Use this link to access the calendar from other applications or download the calendar for your desktop.
- Sept. 5: Applicants can start applying to ACGME-accredited residency programs through ERAS.
- Sept. 15: Registration opens for the 2020 main residency match at 12 p.m. ET. ACGME-accredited programs also start receiving applications.
- Oct. 1: Medical School Performance Evaluations (MSPEs) are released to all residency programs through ERAS.
- Nov. 30: The standard registration deadline for the NRMP Match is at 11:59 p.m. ET. Applicants who register for The Match after this date will incur a $50 additional late fee.
- Jan. 14: Program deadline to create joint advanced/preliminary program tracks at 11:59 p.m. ET.
- Jan. 15: Rank order list entry opens at 12 p.m. ET. Medical schools start verification for student/graduate graduation credentials.
- Feb. 26: Rank order list deadline. Applicants must have rank order lists submitted by 9 p.m. ET. This is also the deadline for the following:
- Applicant late registration and match withdrawal
- Medical school student/graduate credentials verification
- March 16: NRMP Match Week begins.
- Match results are sent out by email and posted in the R3 system at 11 a.m. ET.
- SOAP (Supplemental Offer and Acceptance Program) begins for unmatched students at 11 a.m. ET.
- March 19: SOAP ends at 11 a.m. ET.
- March 20: NRMP Match Day!
- Medical school Match Day ceremonies at 12 p.m. ET.
- Applicants find out where they matched. Results are available in the R3 system and delivered by email at 1 p.m. ET.
- May 31: ERAS 2020 season ends at 5 p.m. ET.
- June 30: Match closes. Reports are no longer available in the R3 system at 11:59 p.m. ET.