Happy New Year! If you resolved to get organized in 2019, you’ve come to the right place. Here’s a selected list of the most important dates in osteopathic medicine this year, including those related to important conferences, matching and residency.
- Jan. 8: AOA Match participants may begin to submit rank order lists.
- Jan. 18: AOA Match rank order list deadline.
- Jan. 15: NRMP rank order list entry opens at 12 p.m. ET.
- Jan. 24-25: LEAD Conference in Las Vegas—The AOA’s Leadership, Education, Advocacy & Development Conference is for anyone seeking to advance their osteopathic leadership and advocacy skills. Learn more.
- Jan. 31: Deadline to apply for AOA research grants. Learn more about grant funding for DOs, MDs, PhDs and for osteopathic medical trainees.
- Feb. 3: National Women Physicians Day.
- Feb. 4: Results of the AOA Match released to all participants in the Match (students and institutions) as well as COMs and OPTIs.
- Feb. 7-10: ROME Rocky Mountain—This Regional Osteopathic Medical Education conference will take place at Keystone Lodge and Resort in Colorado.
- Feb. 20: NRMP rank order list certification deadline is at 9 p.m. ET. This is also the late registration/match withdrawal deadline.
- Feb. 21: Deadline to apply for student loan repayment from the National Health Service Corps. Learn more.
- March 4-5: DO Day on Capitol Hill—Meet face-to-face with members of Congress and staff members on key issues that impact DOs and their patients.
- March 11-15: NRMP Match Week.
- March 25-31: National Physicians Week and National Physicians Day (March 30).
- April 14-20: NOM Week—DOs and osteopathic medical students across the country spread the word about the osteopathic medical profession and the distinctive care DOs provide.
- June: ROME Southeast—This Regional Osteopathic Medical Education conference is typically held each year in June.
- July 1: Most residency programs start residency training between late June and July 1.
- July 22-28: The AOA’s Annual Business Meeting, including the annual meeting of the AOA House of Delegates.
- August: ROME New England—This Regional Osteopathic Medical Education conference is typically held each year in August.
- Oct. 25-28: OMED 2019 in Baltimore—Thousands of osteopathic physicians, medical students and other health professionals come together at the nation’s largest osteopathic medical conference.