This 2019 Match timeline covers both the National Resident Matching Program Match and the final AOA Match. Here are the important dates, deadlines and details you need to stay organized.
- June 7: ERAS 2019 begins, applicants can register on MyERAS and begin working on their application.
- Students can register for the AOA NMS Match. See NMS schedule.
- July 5: DO applicants start applying to AOA-accredited programs only via ERAS.
- July 15: AOA-accredited residency programs start receiving applications through ERAS.
- July 15: Deadline for applicants to ACGME-accredited emergency medicine programs to complete the AAMC Standardized Video Interview.
- July 2018-January 2019: Students apply to programs. Interviews and decision-making happen early. Programs receive applications through ERAS, programs have varying deadlines for their applications.
- July-September 2018: Each institution that offers AOA-accredited OGME-1 internship or residency positions, or OGME-2 dermatology positions, that begins training in 2019 must provide to NMS information on its program(s) for the Match.
- Sept. 5: Applicants start applying to ACGME-accredited residency programs through ERAS.
- Sept. 15: ACGME-accredited programs start receiving applications through ERAS.
- Sept. 15: NRMP registration opens for the 2019 Match at 12 p.m. ET.
- Oct. 1: Medical School Performance Evaluations (MSPEs) released to all residency programs through ERAS.
- Nov. 1: Recommended date by which students should register for the AOA Match (but can register after this date if necessary). By this date, NMP will post a list of programs participating in the AOA Match here.
- Nov. 20: Instructions for submitting rank order lists and obtaining match results will be available to students and programs registered for AOA Match.
- Nov. 30: Registration deadline for NRMP applicants (applicants can register after this deadline, but will need to pay a late registration fee to the NRMP).
- Military match results are available.
- Jan. 8: AOA Match participants may begin to submit rank order lists.
- Jan. 18: AOA Match rank order list deadline. Final date for submission of student and program rank order lists. Programs can change the number of positions to be filled for a program using AOA match until 11:59 p.m. ET.
- Jan. 15: NRMP rank order list entry opens at 12 p.m. ET.
- Jan. 31: NRMP program quota change, withdrawal and SOAP participation deadline at 11:59 p.m. ET.
- Urology and ophthalmology residency match results are available.
- Feb. 4: Results of the AOA Match released to all participants in the Match (students and institutions) as well as COMs and OPTIs. Institutional contracts due within 10 working days after receipt of the Match results. Match result information posted online.
- Feb. 4, 12 p.m. ET: Beginning at this time, AOA Match participants who did not match to a position and programs with positions available may contact each other to fill available positions. AOA programs can post available positions on the AOA Post Match.
- Feb. 11: Programs that are accredited by both ACGME and AOA and participating in both matches must contact NRMP no later than this date to request a change to the number of positions offered through the NRMP.
- Feb. 20: NRMP rank order list certification deadline is at 9 p.m. ET. This is also the late registration/match withdrawal deadline.
- March 11: NRMP Match week begins.
- For unmatched students—NRMP Supplemental Offer and Acceptance Program (SOAP) begins on March 11 at 11 a.m. ET and ends on March 14 at 11 a.m. ET.
- March 15: NRMP Match Day! Match results are sent by email and posted in the R3 system at 1 p.m. ET. Unmatched DO students can participate in the AOA scramble until positions fill. AOA programs post available positions on the AOA Post Match.
- May 31: ERAS 2019 Season ends, MyERAS closes at 5 p.m. ET.
- July: Most residency programs start residency training between late June and July 1.