Recent graduates and residents interested in navigating the ins and outs of student loan debt can learn more during an upcoming “Student Loan Best Practices” webinar presented by Doctors Without Quarters (DWOQ).
The webinar’s purpose is to help graduates and residents understand how to make informed decisions about how best to manage their student loan debt. Jason DiLorenzo, executive director of DWOQ, will be presenting the webinar, which is free to AOA members, at 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT on Tuesday, May 29.
The webinar will give new physicians resources to identify and update their action plans and maximize savings, says DiLorenzo. Additionally, the webinar will cover newly introduced repayment options that have the potential to reduce a physician’s total debt repayment.
Some of the questions that will be addressed at the webinar include:
- What repayment plan makes the most sense for me both during and after training?
- What are the differences between IBR, PAYE, and REPAYE?
- How can I use my student loan debt as a negotiating tool with potential employers?
- What are the specific requirements of Public Service Loan Forgiveness, and is this program still a viable option to reduce my debt?
- What strategies can I employ to both reduce debt and begin saving at the same time?
You can register for the webinar here.
If you can’t make the session but would like to learn more about DWOQ’s free and discounted services for AOA members, you can find info here.
More personal finance reading: