It’s not too late to participate in the first year of MIPS and avoid a negative 4% payment adjustment.
You can participate in one of three ways:
• Submit data covering a full year, or
• Submit data covering at least a consecutive 90-day period, or
• Submit a minimum amount of data (<90 days)
Data collection must begin no later than October 2, 2017, in order to report 90 consecutive days for the transition year. Submissions will be accepted through March 2018.
• If you submit data for at least 90 days, you avoid the negative payment adjustment, and may be eligible for a positive payment adjustment.
• Submitting more data increases your likelihood of earning a positive payment adjustment.
How can the AOA help?
The AOA is working with QVH Systems to offer a registry to its members at a discounted price. Please visit here to find out more.
For more information:
You can also reach out directly to the AOA with MIPS and QPP questions at email@example.com.
Help from CMS?
• Use the MIPS Look-Up Tool on the Quality Payment Program website to determine if you should participate in MIPS.
• Learn about the free Technical Assistance available to clinicians, especially those in small, underserved, and rural practices.
• Contact the Quality Payment Program at QPP@cms.hhs.gov or 1-866-288-8292 (TTY: 1-877-715-6222).