Whether you need help finding a new electronic health record (EHR) vendor or are wondering how to make the most of the tools available in your EHR system, the Office of the National Coordinator within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services wants to help. ONC recently created a Health IT Playbook to answer the questions physicians face when implementing and using health information technology.
The online playbook enables physicians to select their current phase of EHR implementation, then the guide provides customized resources and information appropriate to that phase.
- Questions to ask potential EHR vendors during the selection process when purchasing a new EHR.
- A downloadable matrix to score and compare potential vendors.
- A downloadable vendor pricing template to help compare pricing across vendors who might use different pricing models (i.e. monthly subscriptions vs one-time fees).
- An EHR contracting guide to help negotiate terms and understand the fine print.
- Implementation checklists to better manage workflow changes.
- Issues to be aware of for data migration and contracting during EHR replacements.
- Tools and information on making the most of an EHR system to improve patient care.
- Information on MACRA and what it will mean for EHR usage.