The AOA is now accepting nominations for its inaugural Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Unification award.
This award will be presented to one individual and one organization that has proven exemplary leadership and commitment to promoting and advancing DEI initiatives in the osteopathic community.
How to nominate
Nominations may be submitted on the candidate’s behalf with their permission and must include the following:
- Curriculum vitae or resume.
- Description of how the candidate or organization has advanced DEI initiatives in the osteopathic community, which could include but is not limited to:
- Raising awareness about the challenges and opportunities related to DEI in the osteopathic profession.
- Working to increase opportunities for demographical groups historically underrepresented in osteopathic medicine.
- Developing DEI programs, resources and tools for an organization or the profession.
- Advocating for underrepresented minorities in osteopathic medicine.
- Letter of recommendation.
Candidates will fulfill the following eligibility requirements:
- Be a contributing member to the osteopathic community with significant and demonstrable contributions to the DEI field.
- Be an AOA member in good standing.
Nominations should be submitted by Friday, July 9, 2021. Winners will be notified in August and recognized in October during OMED 2021.
Submit a nomination here.
For questions, contact Priya Garg, Chief Engagement and Diversity Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.